- 2 pounds crab ,cooked and cooled
- 1 lemon, juice and grated rind
- 2 tbsp parsley, fresh, chopped
- 4 tbsp bread crumbs, soft, brown bread
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise, not salad cream
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg, hard-boiled, finely chopped
- Crack crab open and remove meat, keeping it as intact as possible. Put half into one bowl and half into another.
- To one bowl, add grated lemon rind, half juice, 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley and 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise to white meat and mix lightly.
- In a separate bowl, put breadcrumbs, remaining mayonnaise and lemon juice and the mustard, then add the second bowl of crab.
- Sprinkle the each crab mixture with finely chopped hard-boiled egg and rest of parsley over top. Serve with lots of brown bread and butter and a green salad to follow.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market