Makes 4-6 servings
- 2 1/2-3 lbs tri-tip roast
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil (I use canola)
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 package tenderizing beef marinade
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp crushed rosemary
- Combine all ingredients, except garlic and rosemary, and blend well.
- Place roast in an oven-proof baking dish.
- Cover roast with the marinade and place in the refrigerator for 24 hours, turning and basting a few times, ending with the fat side down.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder and crushed rosemary over the top of the roast.
- Puncture the roast with a fork all over the top, and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 135 degrees for medium-rare.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest about 5 to 10 minutes.
- Carve against the grain and serve, using the juices as a gravy.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market