Makes 4 cups
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons curry powder, mild or hot according to taste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shelled pistachios
- 1 cup roasted soy nuts or sunflower seeds
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup dark raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Combine sugar, curry powder and salt in a small bowl. Toss pistachios and soy nuts with oil in a separate bowl. Add curry mixture and toss to coat the nuts evenly. Spread mixture in a jellyroll pan. Bake for 7 minutes, shaking pan once or twice, until nuts are lightly browned. Remove and set aside to cool.
- While the nuts cool, put raisins in a microwaveable glass measuring cup or bowl and heat for about 5 to 10 seconds until they are warm and soft. Remove and sprinkle evenly over nuts, stirring to coat with spice mixture in the pan. Scrape into a bowl and cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market