This recipe is gluten free.
- 1 cup plus 1/4 cup orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 1/4 cup fresh lime juice, divided
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 4 (1-inch-thick) bone-in pork chops
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup watercress, for garnish
- 1 Roma tomato, chopped, for garnish
- 1/2 avocado, sliced, for garnish
- In a gallon-sized resealable plastic bag, combine 1 cup orange juice, 1/2 cup lime juice, and vinegar. Add pork and let it sit and marinate for about 1 hour in refrigerator.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine all dried spices. Pat the pork chops dry with a paper towel and rub with the dry spice mixture.
- Heat oil in a large saute pan over high heat. Place the pork chops in the pan and sear on 1 side until brown. Flip over and turn the heat down to medium-low. Add onion and saute for 2 minutes. Then add the garlic and continue to cook until garlic begins to brown. Pour in the remaining 1/4 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lime juice, and white wine. Simmer until the liquid is slightly reduced and begins to thicken. The chops should be cooked through.
- Remove the chops from pan and put on a warm plate. Continue to reduce juices in pan by half. Pour over the chops and serve immediately.
- Garnish with watercress, tomatoes and avocado.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market