You can make this in a crock pot!! This recipe is gluten free.
- 1 lb. Italian sausage
- 2 large russet baking potatoes , sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large onion , chopped
- 1/4 cup bacon bit (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 2 cup kale or 2 c. swiss chard , chopped
- 16 oz. cans chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Brown the sausage links in a pan OR cook it in a 300 degree preheated oven on a sheet pan for 25 minutes (or until cooked). Cut links in half lengthwise, then dice into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place cooked Italian sausage, chicken broth, water, garlic, potatoes and onion in slow cooker.
- Cover. Cook on High for 3-4 hours until potatoes are cooked and soft.
- Optional: Mash the potatoes a bit with a potato masher for texture.
- Turn the crock pot off and add the kale. Return the lid and let sit for 5 minutes. Add whipping cream and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market