- 3-5 lbs rump roast, trimmed
- 1 (8 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can jellied cranberry sauce
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 2 tbsp flour
- Sprinkle the onion soup mix in the bottom of the crock pot. Place the rump roast in pot.
- Spoon the cranberry sauce around and over the roast.
- Cover and cook on low 8 - 12 hours.
- Remove roast from crock pot and allow to rest while you thicken the gravy. Turn the crock pot up to High.
- Blend the softened butter and flour into a paste and whisk it into the gravy. Cover and cook on high for about 10 minutes, until thick.
- Slice the roast into 1/4" thick slices and serve with the gravy.
- The left-over slices may be frozen in the gravy in plastic freezer bags.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market