- 8 medium apples (use a combination of Golden Delicious, Honeycrisp, Fuji, Gala etc.)
- 1 strips of lemon peel (use vegetable peeler)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 3 inch cinnamon stick
- 5 tsp light brown sugar (unpacked)- or agave
- Peel, core and chop the apples.
- Add the sugar, lemon peel, lemon juice and cinnamon stick.
- Set crock pot to low and cook for 6 hours. Stir apples occasionally, apples with slowly became a delicious apples.
- Remove cinnamon stick and use an immersion blender to blend until smooth or if you prefer a chunky sauce, leave sauce intact. (A whisk works well to give a nice chunky consistency)
- Can and process as you would other recipes or keep refrigerated up to 3 weeks.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market