Makes 6-8 servings
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes with basil oregano and garlic
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 oz. small raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup water
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh basil, to taste
- Heat oil over medium heat in large stockpot or saucepan. Add celery and onion, and cook until translucent and tender. Pour in tomatoes and their liquid. Heat to a simmer.
- Add medium shrimp, return to a simmer, and cook until shrimp turn pink. Add small shrimp and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream and water and bring to a simmer. Season to taste with cayenne and black pepper. Sprinkle fresh basil over soup and stir in just to wilt it. Serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market