Makes 8 servings
- 3 cups (12 ounces) fresh whole cranberries, picked over and washed
- 1 small orange, washed, sliced (peel included), seeds removed
- 1/4 cup Grand Marnier (or orange juice)
- 1/2 cup pecan halves
- 1-1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- 1 (40 ounces) can yams (or sweet potatoes), drained
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Place cranberries, sliced orange, Grand Marnier, pecans, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger in a large bowl. Toss gently to combine. Pour into a 2-quart casserole dish. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir in drained yams or sweet potatoes. Return to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes until heated through.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market