- 6 whole cloves
- 6 whole allspice
- 1 48 oz. cranberry juice cocktail
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1 bottle (750 ml) dry red wine
- Cinnamon sticks to garnish
- Tie whole spices in 2 layers of cheesecloth or place in a tea ball.
- In a large saucepan mix cranberry juice cocktail, brown sugar, nutmeg; add spices. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Add wine; cook until thoroughly heated. Remove spices. If desired, garnish with cinnamon sticks.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market