- 1 1/2 cup flour (GF use Domata)
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cup fresh cranberries or blueberries or other berries
- 1/2 cup chopped, toasted cashew nuts (optional)
- If you would like a thicker bar, use an 8 x 8 pan.. the 9 x 13 will then give you a thinner type bar.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Butter the pan you are using.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar and eggs until creamy and smooth. Whisk in the melted butter and almond extract. Add flour and fold until incorporated. Fold in cranberries and nuts (if using) carefully so as not to break the fruit and color the whole batter red.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake for about 40-50 minutes or until tester inserted into center comes out clean. Transfer to a rack to cool completely (takes about an hour really!). Cut squares and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market