Makes 4 servings
This recipe is Gluten Free from Thanksgiving Gluten Free Cooking Class 2012.
- 2 cups GF flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled (plus more for greasing the pan)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cranberry sauce
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Preheat your griddle over medium to medium-high heat. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees, and set a large platter inside to warm.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices. In a smaller bowl, lightly beat the eggs and then add the milk, butter, and vanilla. Fold into the dry ingredients, stirring just until combined. Finally, fold in the cranberry sauce and orange zest, and gently stir until theyÄôre well distributed throughout.
- Add butter to the skillet, and pour in 2 Äì 3 tablespoons of batter per pancake. Cook each side for 2 Äì 3 minutes, flip, cook 2 Äì 3 minutes more, and move to a warm oven.
- Meanwhile, combine 1/2 cup cranberry sauce and 1/4 cup maple syrup in a small saucepan. Warm over low heat while the pancakes cook.
- Serve pancakes with cranberry syrup and butter, sour cream, or a little whipped cream.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market