- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 12 oz. pkg. [3 cups] cranberries
- 2 medium pears, cored and cubed [2 cups]
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1 4 inch stick cinnamon
- In a 2-quart saucepan bring sugar and water to boiling, stirring to dissolve sugar. Boil rapidly, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Add cranberries, pears, nutmeg, allspice and cinnamon. Return to boiling. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until cranberry skins pop, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Transfer to a storage container; cover and chill for up to one week. Remove cinnamon before serving.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market