*Substitute thawed frozen green peas for the edamame, if you prefer.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen shelled edamame (soybeans)*
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 1/4 cups water, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 (16-ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup uncooked couscous
- 2 cups coarsely chopped green onions
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add edamame, red pepper, and garlic; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in 1/2 cup water, basil, chickpeas, and tomatoes; simmer 15 minutes.
- Add 1 3/4 cups water and salt; bring to a boil. Gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Stir in onions and feta; toss well.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market