Makes 4 servings
This recipe is Gluten FreeIf you choose to make this hash with eggs, youÄôve got breakfast. Take away the eggs, pair it with a green salad, and dinner is served.
- 1 lb baking (russet) potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1-lb piece cooked corned beef, cut into chunks
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 4 large eggs (optional)
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Cook potatoes in boiling salted water to cover until just tender, about 3 minutes, then drain. Pulse corned beef in a food processor until coarsely chopped.
- Sauté onion and bell pepper in butter in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over moderately high heat, stirring, until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add potatoes and sauté over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 5 minutes. Stir in corned beef and salt and pepper to taste, then cook, stirring occasionally, until browned. Add cream and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- If desired, make 4 holes in hash and break 1 egg into each. Cook over moderately low heat, covered, 5 minutes, or until eggs are cooked to desired doneness, and season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle hash with parsley.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market