Makes 6 servings
- 3-4 lbs BoarÄôs Head corned beef brisket
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 2 medium onions, peeled and quartered
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 1 bay leaf (or two small ones)
- 12 oz Irish Beer such as Guinness
- 1 small cabbage, cut in wedges (optional)
- You can substitute water for beer, but the flavor won't be the same
- NOTES: If you make more than 3-4 lbs., cook it on HIGH. I've made 6-7 lbs., and it won't be done after 9 hours on LOW.: This makes wonderful sandwiches if you cook it, then chill it before slicing.
- Place potatoes, onions, carrots, and bay leaf in crock pot. Trim excess fat from brisket; put meat on top of veggies.
- If desired, place cabbage wedges on top of meat.
- Pour beer over all. Cover and cook on LOW heat setting 9-11 hours.
- Slice brisket thinly across grain (let it cool 5- 10 minutes for easier slicing).
- Serve with vegetables.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market