Makes 10 servings
- 2 cups raw sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2-3 ribs celery, chopped
- ¼ cup margarine or butter
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, snipped
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 cup raw cooking apples, chopped
- 5 cups coarsely crumbled corn bread
- ¼ cup chopped walnuts
- 2-4 tbsp chicken broth
- In a large skillet, over medium high heat, cook sweet potatoes, onion and celery in hot margarine, stirring often until just tender.
- Spoon mixture into a large mixing bowl. Stir in parsley and ginger. Add apples, cornbread and walnuts; toss gently to coat. Add enough broth to moisten.
- Place stuffing in an ovenproof casserole dish. Bake uncovered at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until heated through.
- Will stuff a 10 pound turkey.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market