Makes 6 servings
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed saltine crackers
- 1/2 cup melted butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1/2 tsp seasoned salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 green bell pepper, finely chopped, optional
- few dashes Tabasco sauce
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Combine cracker crumbs and melted butter or margarine. Set aside a small portion of the mixture, about 1/2 cup. Press remainder of mixture into a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a saucepan, mix 1 cup milk with corn, seasoned salt, pepper, onion, green bell pepper, and Tabasco sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Blend flour into remaining 1/4 cup milk; stir into hot mixture. Stir flour and milk mixture into hot mixture and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Gradually add beaten eggs, stirring vigorously. Pour into cracker crumb-lined pie plate; sprinkle with reserved crumbs.
- Bake at 375° for about 20 minutes, or until browned. Cut into wedges and serve hot.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market