- 4 cod steaks, about 8 oz each
- 2 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 1 cup grated Jarlsberg cheese
- 2 tbsps melted butter
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups of your favorite tomato sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Place the cod steaks on a baking sheet. In a food processor, crumb the bread.
- Transfer the crumbs to a mixing bowl, combine them with the Jarlsberg and the melted butter and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spoon some of this mixture over the cod steaks and bake for 15 minutes or until the tops are golden and the fish is cooked through.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, heat the tomato sauce.
- To serve, spoon some sauce on each dinner plate and place the cod steak over the sauce.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market