This recipe is Gluten Free.
- 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour (GF use Domata Living Flour)
- Table salt
- 2 Large eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 oz. sweetened flaked coconut
- 44 small soft caramel candies (12 ounces) such as Kraft
- 6 tbsp heavy cream
- Large flaky salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Beat together butter and sugar with a mixer on medium until pale and fluffy, then beat in the vanilla. With the mixer on low, gradually add flour and 1/2 teaspoon table salt, and beat to combine. Press dough together in plastic wrap, then roll inot 1 inch balls. Dip each ball in beaten egg, and roll in the coconut. Place balls on parchment lined baking sheets, and press an indentation into each with your thumb. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove sheets from oven, and repress indentations. Bake cookies until golden, 9-10 minutes more. Let cool on wire racks. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Place caramels and heavy cream in a small saucepan over low heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until the caramels are melted and the mixture is smooth, 4-6 minutes. Spoon into indentations in cookies, and sprinkle with coarse salt. Rewarm caramel if it hardens before all the cookies are filled. (Store in airtight containers for up to 2 days.)
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market