Makes 4 servings
This recipe is Gluten Free.
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Lightly beat the egg in a medium bowl; set aside. Mix the coconut, flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a shallow bowl. Working with one chicken breast at a time, dip the chicken in the bowl with the beaten egg and then coat with the coconut mixture. Place on the baking sheet.
- Once all chicken breasts are coated and on the baking sheet, evenly drizzle with the melted butter. Bake for 30 to 40 minutes, flipping once halfway.
- To prepare the apricot sauce, mix the apricot preserves and the Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Freezer Friendly: After baking the chicken, let cool completely then freeze in a freezer bag for up to 1 month. To reheat, bake in a preheated oven at 400 degrees F for 20 minutes.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market