Makes 6 burgers
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Coca-Cola, divided
- 1/2 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 tbsp creamy French salad dressing, divided
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- In a mixing bowl, combine the egg, 1/4 cup of Coca-Cola, cracker crumbs, onion, 2 tablespoons of the dressing, cheese and salt.
- Add the meat and mix well.
- Form into six 3/4-inch thick patties.
- For the sauce: Mix the remaining Coca-Cola and dressing.
- Grill the meat over medium coals until desired doneness. Turn once, basting occasionally with sauce. Serve on buns. Remaining sauce may be used as a topping.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market