- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 star anise pod or cinnamon stick
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 pounds mixed citrus, such as oranges and pink and red grapefruit, peel and pith removed and flesh sliced into rounds.
- Bring sugar, anise or cinnamon, cranberries, and water to a simmer, stirring until sugar just dissolves. Remove from heat, and let cool to room temperature.
- Place citrus in a medium glass bowl, and pour cranberry mixture over top. Refrigerate until chilled, about 1 hour.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market