Makes 4 servings
This unique rice dish makes an excellent side dish to any Holiday meal, especially paired with our 32 Roasts of Christmas!
- 4 cups water
- 3/4 cup uncooked wild rice or wild rice blend
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried cranberries
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring water and rice to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 50-60 minutes or until rice is tender.
- In a large skillet, saute the onion, cranberries and thyme in oil until onion is tender.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain rice if needed; stir in onion mixture and pine nuts.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market