- 1 cup of fondant
- 2 tbsp of simple syrup
- ½ lb of semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 24 fresh gooseberries, husks on
- In the bowl of a small double boiler, combine the fondant and 2 tablespoons of the simple syrup. Heat the fondant, stirring with a wooden spoon. The mixture should be light but able to coat the back of a spoon. If the mixture is too thick, add some of the remaining simple syrup. In another double boiler heat the chocolate, stirring occasionally until the chocolate melts.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Peel back the husks from each berry. Holding the husks, dip each berry three-quarters of the way in the fondant. Place the berries on a baking sheet. Refrigerate until the fondant is firm to the touch, about 30 minutes.
- Holding the husk, dip each berry in the melted chocolate. Refrigerate until the chocolate is firm to the touch, about 30 minutes. Remove and serve on a serving platter.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market