This recipe has gluten free notes.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon water or milk
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- An additional 1 cup mini chocolate chips to fold into the batter with the cookie dough balls
- For the Crust:
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1/2 cups chocolate cookie crumbs (GF Use Ktoos)
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter and sugars for the cookie dough. Add the water (or milk), vanilla and blend. Mix in the flour, salt and the chocolate chips. The dough will be fairly soft. Gently roll the dough into small balls (about a teaspoon size, maybe a bit larger) and place them on a wax paper lined plate or baking sheet. Place them in the freezer to harden while making the rest of the cheesecake.
- For the crust; Lightly grease the bottom and sides of a 10-inch springform pan. In a medium bowl, combine the butter with the chocolate cookie crumbs (you could easily use a food processor to crush the cookies and incorporate the butter). Press onto the bottom and about halfway up the sides of the prepared pan.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market