This recipe contains gluten free notes
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour (GF Use Domata)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup ripe bananas, mashed (about 3 large bananas)
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup mini chocolate cups
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 11/2 cups unsalted butter ( 21/2 sticks)
- 1 8oz. cream cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups of confectioner sugar
- Preparation: Grease and lightly flour two 8 inch round pans. Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- To make cake:
- Add flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl and whisk to combine; set aside.
- Add butter, white sugar and brown sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Add egg in one at time and beat until combined. Add bananas mix to combine. Add flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk to the mixture. Stir in mini chocolate chips. Pour batter evenly between the two prepared pans.
- Bake in oven for about 40 minutes or until cake tester inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove from oven, cool cakes on wire.
- To make frosting:
- Add butter and cream cheese in a bowl and mix until light and fluffy. Add in vanilla extract and mix to combine. Add confectioner sugar 1 cup at a time and mix until combined.
- Use an icing spatula or the back of a spoon to frost cake.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market