Makes 4 servings
- 20 whole jumbo prawns (about 1 ½ pounds)
- 3 tbsp sherry vinegar
- 4 garlic cloves, finely sliced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp dried chile flakes
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced crosswise
- Spread the prawns out in one layer in a ovenproof glass baking dish. Combine the sherry, vinegar, garlic, olive oil, chile flakes, and salt. Mix well and pour over the prawns. Turn them over a few times in the marinade to coat well. Scatter the lemon slices on top. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator a half hour before cooking and drain the prawns, reserving the marinade.
- Preheat a griddle or large sauté pan to medium-high. Place half of the prawns on the hot griddle and drizzle half of the marinade on top. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, turning them once or twice, until cooked through. Repeat with the remaining prawns and marinade. Serve immediately.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market