- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 white or yellow onion
- 1 green pepper
- 1 can of chili beans
- 2 cans of chopped tomatoes
- 2-3 Chipotles
- Jalapenos, pickled
- Tortilla Chips
- Shredded cheese for nachos; recommend Monterey or Mozzarella
- Beef broth of stock (not bullion)
- Bay leaf
- Chili powder
- Frozen corn
- Begin by chopping half a large onion and the green bell pepper. Make sure you have equal amounts chopped of both.
- Put your beef in a pan and brown it with some olive oil, your green pepper and onion.
- Open all your cans while the beef is browning. Start to chop up a few jalapenos and chipotles.
- When the meat has cooked long enough you can add the chili beans, chopped peppers and the can of tomatoes. Mix hot water with ½ cup of beef stock and add it to the chili mix as well. Add the cumin, bay leaf, oregano and chili powder to your meat mix.
- Let the chili meat simmer for your desired time. It should be souplike. If you like your vegetables still firm, then do not over cook your mixture. You can add some of the frozen corn to the mix to cook for the last 15 minutes or so.
- Add your desired amount of nacho toppings. Toppings can also include salsa, guacamole, sour cream and black olives.
- Spread a layer of tortilla nacho chips on a plate. You can place some chili on top with extra onion and chopped jalapenos and then load with cheese.
- Place in oven so cheese melts over the chili and nachos.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market