This recipe contains gluten free notes
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons flour (GF use Domata)
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped finely
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup sun dried tomatoes, chopped (in package, NOT oil packed)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 16 ounce package whole wheat spaghetti, uncooked (GF use GF pasta
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken & grind fresh pepper on each side. Cover & cook until done, about 5 minutes on each side. (When done, chicken will have NO pink on the inside.) Remove from heat and set aside, keeping covered.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, & shallots, cooking 1-2 minutes, just until soft. Add sun dried tomatoes; stir. With a whisk in hand, add flour & stir. Slowly pour in chicken broth, whisking constantly to remove any lumps. Add cream, still whisking. Continue whisking for 3-4 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Take off heat and let sit; it will continue to thicken, feel free to stir every so often as you cook the spaghetti:
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions. It is done when it is soft, but still has a bite; al dente please.
- Add fresh basil to sun dried tomato sauce and give it a good stir.
- Place spaghetti noodles on serving plates, placing chicken directly on top of noodles. Spoon as much sauce as you would like over chicken & noodles; enjoy!
- Tips: *To keep spaghetti noodles from sticking together after you drain them, add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil over & toss.
- *You could also grill the chicken; that would be super yummy in this dish. Make slight changes and brush the olive oil over each chicken tender before grilling on foil. Grill on medium-low heat until done.
- *Goes great with cooked asparagus & crusty bread.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market