- 3 small red or white potatoes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 2 inch pieces, about 1/3 pound
- 1 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 4 frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 pitted oil cured black olives, each cut in half
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- Parboil potatoes in salted water until tender; set aside. When cool, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces. (You may want to double the potatoes for use in another recipe.) Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a sauté pan over high heat.
- Add chicken pieces and brown well on all sides. Remove chicken from pan and set aside. To oil remaining in the pan add onion and sauté over medium heat for 5 minutes. Return chicken to onions in pan, add artichoke hearts, garlic, and stock.
- Bring to a simmer, cover pan and cook over low heat until chicken and artichokes are tender, about 15 to 20 minutes. Add potatoes and olives and heat through. Season with salt, pepper, and lemon juice to taste. Sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market