- 4 chicken breasts slit to fill with stuffing Apricot-Walnut Stuffing
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup dried apricots
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- ¼ cup brandy
- ¼ cup hot water
- 2 shallots, minced (divided)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt and white pepper
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium saute pan over a medium heat and sauté 1 minced shallot about 2 minutes, just to soften.
- Meanwhile in a bowl soak apricots in brandy and hot water until softened, about 10 minutes. Drain, reserving liquid.
- In a food processor, add walnuts, rosemary, shallot and apricots, pulsing until coarsely chopped.
- Spread about ¼ cup of filling in breasts, hold together with a toothpick or skewer.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Saute chicken rolls in a large pan with 1 tablespoon butter and olive oil over medium heat, about 2 minutes per side until golden brown on all sides. Transfer breasts to a baking dish.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in pan, add remaining minced shallot and scrape browned bits, cooking for a minute or two, deglaze, sauté pan with reserved brandy from apricots.
- Whisk in another 2 tablespoons of butter just until incorporated. Season to taste with salt and a dash of white pepper.
- our sauce over chicken breasts.
- Cover with foil and bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until done, depending on thickness.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market