Makes 4 servings
Per Serving 57.2 g. fat / 983 cal.
- 8 thick chicken sausage (1 ¼ lb.)
- 1 ½ cup prepared chicken stock
- 1 ½ cup couscous
- 1/3 cup finely chopped preserved or fresh lemon peel
- 1 medium red bell pepper sliced thin
- 10 ½ oz. can chickpeas rinsed and drained
- 1cup pitted large green olives halved length wise
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 1 small white onion sliced thin
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- Cook sausage on heated oiled grill or grill pan until browned and cooked through. Drain on paper towel slice thin.
- Mean while bring stock to a boil and remove from heat. Pour in couscous cover let stand 5 minutes or until stock has been absorbed, fluff with fork occasionally.
- Place sausage and couscous in large bowl and add remaining ingredients toss gently to combine.
- Serve buy itself or on top of some Boston Bibb lettuce leaves.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market