- 1-3 lb. stewing Chicken***
- 2 Quarts Water ***
- 5 Medium Potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size chunks
- 2 Cups Chopped Celery
- 1 Small Onion, Chopped
- ½ Cup finely diced Carrots
- 1 Tbsp. Dried Parsley
- 1 tsp. Salt
- ½ tsp. Pepper
- Pot Pie Squares
- ***Three to four cups of leftover chicken can be used instead of the stewing chicken. When using leftover chicken, use about 4 cans of chicken broth instead of the water.
- Cook the chicken in water until tender. Remove the chicken from the broth and separate the meat from the bones and skin. Cut or shred the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Meanwhile, add the vegetables and seasonings to the simmering broth. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes, then add the Pot Pie Squares to the broth mixture a few at a time, stirring so they do not stick together. After all the squares have been added, cook gently for about 6-8 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Add the cut up chicken and cook over low heat for about 10 to 15 minutes longer. Cover and let stand for a few minutes before serving.
- Pot Pie is usually served on dinner plate or in shallow bowls. A salad such as coleslaw, or spinach with hot bacon dressing, make a nice complement to this meal.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market