- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts.
- 1 carton of plain yogurt.
- 1 tsp of turmeric.
- 1 tsp of grated fresh root ginger.
- 1 clove garlic, crushed.
- ½ tsp of cinnamon.
- 4 whole cloves.
- 1 cantaloupe melon.
- Cut Chicken into bite size pieces.
- In a medium sized bowl, mix together the plain yogurt, turmeric, grated ginger, crushed garlic, cinnamon and cloves.
- Add the chunks of chicken and stir thoroughly to coat the flesh with the yogurt mixture.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight to allow flavors to soak into the chicken.
- Cut the cantaloupe melon in half. Remove the seeds and skin from the melon, and then cut into thin crescents or chunks.
- Thread the chicken and melon onto skewers.
- Brush the melon and chicken with the yogurt marinade, then cook under a medium griller/broiler or over moderately hot barbecue coals until the chicken is just cooked. Turn during the cooking and brush with yogurt marinade a few times.
- If desired, heat through any leftover marinade and serve as a sauce with the kebabs.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market