- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves with skin
- 5 tsp. ground cumin, divided
- 4 tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tsp. grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Slide fingertips beneath skin of each chicken breast to loosen. Sprinkle each chicken breast with 1 teaspoon cumin and salt and pepper; rub seasoning beneath and on top of skin.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Place chicken, skin side down, in pan and cook until skin browns, about 5 minutes; turn chicken over. Place skillet in oven and roast until chicken is cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer chicken to plate. Add remaining oil to drippings in skillet; add garlic and sauté over medium-high heat 30 seconds. Add chicken broth, orange juice, lemon juice, orange peel, lemon peel, and remaining 1 teaspoon cumin; boil until reduced to 1 scant cup, about 3 minutes. Pour sauce over chicken; sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market