- 8 slices bacon
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves- pounded to ½ inch thickness
- 1 (10 oz) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp. ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- Cook bacon until crisp. Drain on paper towels, and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. In a medium bowl, stir together the spinach and blue cheese. Crumble in the bacon, and stir to distribute.
- Lay the chicken breast halves out on the clean surface, and distribute the spinach mixture evenly onto the centers of them. Fold the chicken over the filling, and secure with toothpicks. Stir together the flour, salt and pepper on a dinner plate. Roll the chicken in the flour to coat.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Quickly brown each piece of chicken on top and bottom. Remove to a lightly greased baking dish, and cover with a lid or aluminum foil.
- Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, until chicken juices run clear, and filling is hot.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market