- 4 lbs boneless pork roast
- Salt and black pepper
- 12 oz jar cherry preserves
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp light corn syrup
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground cloves
- ¼ cup almonds, toasted, slivered
- Rub roast with a little salt and pepper. Place on rack in shallow roasting pan. Roast uncovered at 325 degrees for 2-4 hours.
- Meanwhile combine preserves, vinegar, syrup and ¼ teaspoon salt. Heat and stir until boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Add almonds.
- Keep sauce warm. Spoon some sauce over roast to glaze. Return to oven until meat thermometer reads 170 degrees, basting with sauce several times.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes. Slice roast and pass remaining sauce over slices. Heat and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market