Makes 7 servings
- 1 pkg. (8 0z) sliced mushrooms
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 3 egg whites
- 1 pkg. (10 oz) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
- 1 container (15 oz) part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 pkg. (80z) manicotti (14 shells), cooked following package directions
- 2 cups spaghetti sauce
- Preheat oven to 450. Spray large non-stick skillet with cooking spray. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook 5 minutes on medium heat, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
- Beat egg whites lightly in a medium bowl.
- Add mushroom mixture, spinach, ricotta cheese and half each of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese.
- Spoon evenly into manicotti shells.
- Place shells in a 13x9 inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. Cover with spaghetti sauce.
- Bake 40 minutes or until heated through. Top with the remaining mozzarella and parmesan cheeses; continue baking 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market