Makes 4- 6 servings
- 2 ½ lbs ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1-2 jalapeno pepper (optional)
- 2 tbsp minced fresh garlic (or to taste)
- Fresh sliced mushrooms, any amount
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese, divided (or to taste)
- 3 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese (or to taste)
- 4 cups medium noodles
- 1 cup cottage cheese or ricotta cheese
- ½ cup sour cream
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a large lasagna dish. Cook the pasta until only firm-tender; drain and transfer to a bowl, toss with a couple tablespoons oil to prevent sticking; set aside.
- In a skillet, cook ground beef, onion, jalapenos (if using), mushrooms and minced garlic until meat is brown and cooked; stir in ½ cup Parmesan cheese, tomato sauce, salt and pepper, stir until heated through.
- Spread ½ meat sauce on bottom of pan. Spread ½ noodles on top of sauce. Top noodles with 1 cup mozzarella cheese. Mix 1 cup cottage cheese with ½ cup sour cream and ½ cup Parmesan cheese. Spread over mozzarella cheese.
- Top with remaining tomato sauce, noodles, and remaining mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup Parmesan cheese. Bake, covered for 20 minutes, uncover casserole (you can sprinkle with grated mozzarella or cheddar cheese if desired). Return to oven to bake for another 10-15 minutes or until bubbly.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market