This recipe is gluten free.
- 2 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 jalapeños, chopped (remove seeds for milder)
- 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 4 oz shredded cheddar jack (Sargento)
- 2 tbsp chopped scallions
- 8 thin sliced skinless chicken breast cutlets, 3 oz each
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs (GF Schaar bread crumbs)
- 1 1/2 juicy limes, juice of
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- olive oil non-stick spray
- Wash and dry chicken cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Combine cream cheese, cheddar, scallions, jalapeño and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl.
- Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out.
- Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray.
- Bake 22-25 minutes, serve immediately.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market