This recipe is Gluten Free
- 1 favorite sugar cookie recipe or 1 pkg Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix in a pouch (GF use Gluten Free Sensations Sugar Cookie Mix)
- 1 small box (4 serving size) French Vanilla instant pudding
- 2 tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup melted butter (1/2 stick)
- 3 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs plus 3 egg yolks
- 2 pkg (8 oz each) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup toffee bits (pulerized in blender or food processor); optional
- Preheat Oven at 350 degrees F. Spray 9 X 13 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In Med. bowl mix, cookie mix, pudding mix, brown sugar and melted butter together. Add 1 Tsp vanilla and 1 egg blended with a spoon. When dough begins to come together, use your hands to knead the dough, then form into a ball.
- Press dough into your Baking dish, and slightly up the sides .
- In another large bowl, using your mixer, beat at room temperature cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and the remaining egg and 3 yolks. Add 2 tsp vanilla and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Spread this cream cheese mixture over top of the cookie dough in your pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes until the center is set.
- While bars are baking; pulverize the toffee bits in blender. Sprinkle Immediately over dish as removed from the oven and still hot.
- Let Cool for 30-45 minutes.
- Cover, then place in refrigerator for at least 3 hours or Over Night. Cut into 2-3 inch bars to serve.
- Keep refrigerated.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market