- 2 cups Chicken Broth
- 2 cups water
- 4 tsp dried minced onion
- 2 cups uncooked long grain rice
- 2 cups frozen peas thawed
- 4 cups cooked turkey
- 2 cans (10 ¾ oz each) condensed cheddar cheese soup
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups finely crushed butter flavor crackers (about 60)
- 6 tbsp butter, melted
- In a large saucepan bring the broth, water and onion to a boil. Reduce heat. Add rice; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat & fluff with a fork.
- Divide rice between two greased 9 inch square baking dishes. Sprinkle each with peas and turkey. In a bowl combine soup, milk and and salt until smooth; pour over turkey. Gently mix the cracker crumbs and melted butter. Sprinkle over the top.
- Cover and freeze one casserole for up to 3 months.
- Bake the second casserole, uncovered at 350 for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator for 24 hours. Bake uncovered at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market