This recipe contains gluten free notes
- For the crust:
- 1 1/2 cups crushed vanilla or cinnamon cookies or graham crackers (GF use your favorite)
- 3 tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- For the cheesecake:
- 3 (8 oz.) packages of cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- ½ cup dry Chai Tea Mix - not liquid chai tea mix
- 2 tbsp. flour (GF use Domata)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- For the Pumpkin Spice ganache:
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 tbsp. butter, cubed
- 15 Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses
- If making Dark Chocolate Ganache: (optional variation)
- 1 cup Dark Chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Heavy Cream
- 4 Tbsp Butter, cubed
- In a food processor, pulse cookies until pulverized and no large chunks remain.
- In bowl mix together cookie crumbles with butter and brown sugar. Press into a 13x9 inch pan and set aside.
- For cheesecake:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. In stand mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Scrape down sides of bowl to ensure all cream cheese is smooth. Beat in sugar and chai tea mix until throughly mixed. Add in flour and beat again. Add eggs one at a time, mixing for about 30 seconds between eggs. Beat in sour cream and vanilla extract. Scrap into the 13x9 inch pan and smooth. Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- For Pumpkin Spice Ganache or optional Dark Chocolate Ganache:
- In a microwave safe bowl, add pumpkin spice Hershey Kisses, pouring heavy cream and cubed butter over the top. Place in microwave and heat in 30 second intervals on 50% intensity. Stir in between intervals and cook until chocolate/Kisses have just melted. Do not over cook and burn the chocolate.
- Pour Pumpkin Spice Ganache/Dark Chocolate Ganache over the top of the completely cooled cheesecake bars. Wait for ganache to cool completely or chill for at least 30 minutes. Slice, serve and devour.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market