- 2 (1 ½ -2 lb.) center cut beef tenderloins
- 6 slices of bacon chopped
- 4 Tbsp Butter
- 1 lb. shallots, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 6 oz. package baby spinach coarsely chopped
- 4 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tsp coarse salt
- 2 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- ¾ cup whipping cream
- Kitchen string
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Cut tenderloins horizontally to within ½ inch of other side to form pocket. DO NOT CUT THROUGH! Open tenderloins so they lay flat.
- Place bacon into a 12-inch non stick skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until bacon is crisp. Remove bacon with slotted spoon into a small bowl. Pour all but 1 Tablespoon bacon drippings from skillet into another small bowl, set aside.
- Add 3 tablespoons butter to 1 tablespoon bacon drippings in skillet; cook over medium heat until melted. Add shallots; cook 10 minutes or until tender and browned. Stir in spinach; cook until leaves are soft (1-2 minutes). Remove from heat; stir in cheese, bacon, and bread crumbs.
- Sprinkle inside surface of EACH tenderloin with 1 ½ teaspoons salt and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. Spread spinach mixture evenly over inside surface of each tenderloin. Fold top portion of tenderloin over the filling. Tie roasts at 1 inch intervals with kitchen string, or secure using small turkey skewers.
- Add 2 tablespoons reserved bacon drippings and remaining 1 tablespoon butter to same skillet. Place tenderloins in skillet; cook over medium high heat, turning as necessary, until well browned. (5 to 8 minutes).
- Place tenderloins into a shallow roasting pan along with any remaining drippings in skillet. (Do not cover.) Bake for 30-40 minutes or until meat thermometer inserted in center of tenderloin reaches 135 degrees for medium doneness. Remove to cutting board; cover with aluminum foil. Let stand for 10 minutes. (temperature will increase about 10 degrees.
- Meanwhile, add whipping cream to pan drippings in roaster. Cook over medium heat, stirring to scrape up browned bits, until mixture comes to a boil. Continue cooking until desire consistency; strain. Slice beef ; serve with sauce.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market