Serve with crackers or bread slices. If you can't find Gruyv®re, substitute raclette, fontina, or Swiss cheese.This recipe is Gluten Free.
- Cooking spray
- 3 1/2 cups chopped onion
- 2 ounces Gruyère cheese, shredded and divided
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh chives, divided
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 3 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- Preheat oven to 425°. Heat a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan lightly with cooking spray. Add onion to pan; sauté 5 minutes, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low; cook 20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Cool slightly.
- Reserve 2 tablespoons cheese. Combine remaining cheese, caramelized onion, 1 tablespoon chives, and the remaining ingredients in a medium bowl. Transfer the mixture to a 1-quart glass or ceramic baking dish coated lightly with cooking spray. Sprinkle with reserved 2 tablespoons cheese. Bake at 425° for 20 minutes or until browned and bubbly. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon chives.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market