Makes 4 servings
- 4 (3/4 inch) thick pork chops
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 2 tart apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 3 tbsp pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees F (80 degrees C). Place a medium dish in the oven to warm.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brush chops lightly with oil and place in hot pan. Cook for 5 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally, or until done. Transfer to the warm dish, and keep warm in the preheated oven.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt and pepper, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add butter to skillet, and stir in brown sugar mixture and apples. Cover and cook until apples are just tender. Remove apples with a slotted spoon and arrange on top of chops. Keep warm in the preheated oven.
- Continue cooking sauce uncovered in skillet, until thickened slightly. Spoon sauce over apples and chops. Sprinkle with pecans.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market