Makes about 14 muffins
This recipe has gluten free notes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (GF use Domata)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. In another bowl, combine milk and coffee granules until coffee is dissolved. Add the butter, egg and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 375° for 17-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm with espresso spread.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market