This recipe is Gluten Free.
- 2 Quarts vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 onion finely diced onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 cups peeled and diced butternut squash
- 1 1/2 cups rice
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- In a medium saucepan, simmer 2 quarts broth. In another saucepan, melt butter with olive oil. Add onion and saute until softened, 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer. Add the squash and rice, stir until the edges of the rice kernels are translucent, about 3 minutes. Ladle in 1 1/2 cups of broth and cook, stirring, until most of the liquid is absorbed. Keep adding the broth 1 cup at a time, and continue to stir until the rice appears creamy and is tender to the bite, about 20 minutes. Mix in Parmesan cheese.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market