- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1/2 butternut squash; peeled, seeded, and thinly sliced
- 1 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 (16 ounce) package refrigerated pizza crust dough
- 1 tbsp cornmeal
- 2 tbsp grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Place sliced onion and squash in a roasting pan. Sprinkle with rosemary, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil; toss to coat.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until onions are lightly browned and squash is tender; set aside.
- Increase oven temperature to 450 degrees F. On a floured surface, roll each ball of dough into an 8 inch round. Place the rounds on a baking sheet sprinkled with cornmeal (you may need 2 baking sheets depending on their size). Distribute squash mixture over the two rounds and continue baking for 10 minutes, checking occasionally, or until the crust is firm. Sprinkle with cheese and remaining tablespoon olive oil. Cut into quarters, and serve.
Gooseberries Fresh Food Market